The Board of Patrons of UNSA Maastricht supports the Association morally. Its honorary members subscribe to the ideas and practises of the Association. While the Board of Patrons consists of established members from society, their knowledge, moral patronage as well as each individuals network is a major asset for the Association. UNSA Maastricht whishes to thank the Board of Patrons for its support and would like to present its current members:
Drs. F.C.G.M. (Frans) Timmermans, Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs
– First Vice President of the European Commission, 1 November, 2014 -present
– Minister for European Affairs, 2007 – 2010- Member of Parliament, 1998 – 2007 & 2010 – 2014
– Advisor and private secretary to Dr. Max van der Stoel,High Commissioner on National Minorities OSCE, 1995-1998
– Member Bilderberg Group
– Chairman of the European Council for Cardiovascular Research, 2006-2008
– Vice President Executive Board, Charité Medical Center Berlin. 2004-2008
– Board member European Center for Strategic Management of Universities, 2003-2006
Drs. drs. E.C.J. (Milko) van Gool
– Deputy Head of Communication Unit at the European Commission’s Directorate General for International Cooperation and Development (DEVCO) (December 2014 – present)
– Head of Development Cooperation in European Union Delegations to Afghanistan (2013-14), Malawi (2012-13), Bangladesh (2008-12), and the Central African Republic (2004-08)
– Desk officer for EU relations with Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, and Tajikistan at the European Commission’s Directorate General for External Relations (2001-04)
Milko van Gool studied Classics and Philosophy at Nijmegen University (NL). He is married with four children.
An avid long-distance swimmer with a preference for cold water, he swam the English Channel (England to France, 2011), the North Channel (N-Ireland to Scotland, 2013) and a number of other lake and sea crossings around the world in support of charitable causes.